About C|M|LAW

print thisprint this

LEARN LAW. LIVE JUSTICE. A Cleveland-Marshall education is a rigorous pursuit of excellence, beginning with study and sustained through practice.

C|M|LAW in Brief:

History

The Cleveland Law School, founded in 1897, and the John Marshall Law School, founded in 1916, merged in 1946 to become Cleveland-Marshall Law School.  In 1969 the law school joined the then-new Cleveland State University. The law school was the first in Ohio to admit women and it was one of the first law schools in Ohio to admit minorities. 

A School of Distinction

  • Named a “Best Value Law School” (National Jurist)
  • Among the top law schools for Public Interest Law (National Jurist)
  • Highly-ranked part-time program  (U.S. News and World Report)
  • First-ever recipient of the Diversity Matters Award (Law School Admissions Council)
  • Our Moot Court team was invited to compete at the National Championships, a competition limited to the top sixteen schools in the country

 

Curriculum

Learn more about our rigorous program and abundant clinical and externship opportunities. Practical learning is led by accomplished faculty who educate across disciplines to broaden your knowledge base.

 

Academic concentrations:

 

Dual Degree Programs

  • JD/MBA Business Administration
  • JD/MPA Public Administration
  • JD/MUPDD Urban Planning, Design and Development
  • JD/MAES Environmental Studies
  • JD/MSES Environmental Science

 

Clinics

 

The Center for Health Law and Policy

  • Earn a certificate in Health Law along with your JD
  • Externships at major medical centers and at our Community Health Advocacy Clinic, featuring the only medical-legal aid partnership in Ohio.

 

Facility

Funded in part by a $5 million donation, C|M|LAW recently underwent exciting renovations:

  • clinical programs suite, classrooms, conference rooms, student organizations suite, entrance, and student lounge
  • A state-of-the-art, technology-enhanced Trial Courtroom, scheduled to open spring 2011

The attached Law Library, a federal depository and one of the largest law libraries in Ohio, features a four-story light-filled atrium and a 50-seat computer lab.

 

Flexibility

Full-time, part-time day and part-time evening options are available.

 

|