News & Events
Criminal Justice Forums
C|M|LAW is host to a long-running Criminal Justice Forum Series that brings several speakers on campus each year to discuss cutting-edge issues in the area of criminal justice.
Cleveland-Marshall provides criminal law students the tools needed for a successful career in criminal law. C|M|LAW has professors with in-depth knowledge of specific fields, as well as a host of currently practicing attorneys who maintain thriving practices and teach courses in their areas of expertise.
The Criminal Justice Center tailors each student's educational experience to match individual Interests with a set foundational courses as well as a number of specialized electives.
Students build their professional networks through C|M|LAW’s extensive number of alumni criminal law practitioners and judges in the greater Cleveland area. These alumni serve as resources for students, and are among those who provide supervision for a wide array of experiential learning opportunities.
Recent externships include:
- Ohio Court of Appeals, 8th District
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- City of Cleveland Prosecutor’s Office Ohio Attorney General
- Federal Public Defender Office,
- Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office
- U.S. Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Recent Pop-Up Practicums include:
- Restorative Justice
- Post-Conviction Relief with Cuyahoga County Conviction Integrity Unit
- "Waze" for Criminal Defendants (video)
- Cleveland Police Commission
- Cuyahoga County Bail Reform
- Ohio Criminal Rules Revision
Criminal Justice Courses include:
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure I
- Criminal Procedure II
- Criminal Felony Sentencing
- Criminal Justice Decision Points
- Criminal Pretrial Practice
- Computers & Law: Criminal
- Scientific Evidence
- White Collar Crime
- International War Crimes Tribunal Seminar
- Juvenile Law
- Legal Responses to Terrorism
- National Security Law
- Post-Conviction Remedies
- Marijuana Law: Policy and Authority
- Tax Procedures, Penalties, and Crimes
Student Organizations include:
- Criminal Law Society
- Trial Advocacy Team
- Moot Court Competition
- The National Association for Public Defence, C|M|LAW Chapter
The Center features a dynamic set of faculty members who offer unique perspectives and areas of expertise within the field of criminal justice.