By: Delante Thomas ’16
Twitter is where it all happens... current events, pop culture, and even the latest directly from world leaders. By joining Twitter, you’ll be up on the new wave of news - well it’s not quite new, Twitter has been around for 10 years. Time flies when you’re practicing law!
Twitter is not just for millennials and it has many beneficial purposes. If you’re a ‘seasoned’ attorney and don’t quite get social media, no worries. Twitter is a social network where you can follow and interact with your friends, favorite brands, news outlets, celebrities, politicians, companies and more. It is the go-to social platform for real time news and updates. Twitter also allows you to comment, post photos or articles of interest, and engage with millions of people. It can be used socially and/or professionally, from interacting with friends and family to attracting new clients and business opportunities.
Whether young or seasoned, more and more people are turning to social media outlets, like Twitter for news. Here’s a snapshot of Twitter:
- Twitter has over 1.3 billion registered users
- Over 100 million registered users are active daily.
- There are 500 million tweets sent each day i.e. 6000 every second.
- 83% of world leaders are on Twitter
You can now follow your Alumni Association on Twitter by taking these few easy steps:
- If you do not already have an account, visit www.twitter.com and click ‘sign up. You can also download Twitter to your phone by searching ‘Twitter in your Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Once you’ve created an account, search “@CMLawAlum” and click follow, for all the latest news and updates for the Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association.
- Start tweeting! – Each posting/status/message is called a “tweet.” Postings cannot be longer than 140 typed characters alleviating the need to read long messages.
See you on Twitter!