Apply for FREE
Receive a Priority Admission Decision
Automatic Scholarship Consideration
WHO WE ARE
Cleveland State University College of Law is a 125-year-old student-centered law school with an iconic history of justice and inclusion. We are respected for graduating generations of outstanding attorneys, judges, and business and nonprofit leaders. CSU|LAW graduates have a reputation for being professional, practice-ready, civic-minded and genuine; they are well educated in rigorous legal theory and well qualified from extensive practical training. CSU|LAW is connected to the current legal market and employers, with a curriculum that responds to evolving needs.
CLEVELAND: COSMOPOLITAN AMENITIES AND SMALL TOWN FRIENDLINESS
CSU College of Law is a located in the heart of downtown Cleveland—a city that is attracting positive national attention and rising in popularity among young professionals for its exciting entertainment, lifestyle, cultural and business opportunities. The city also boasts one of the largest legal markets in the country and is home to leading health care organizations with international prominence. All of this adds up to make Cleveland a great place to live, work and study.
COMMITTED TO EXCEPTIONAL SUPPORT
- Guaranteed Scholarships throughout law school by just maintaining good academic standing
- Out-of-state students pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Named a 2019 Best Value LAw School by PreLaw Magazine and a Top Affordable Law School by Student Loan Hero, as featured in USA Today
- One of the strongest and most engaged alumni networks of any law school provides ongoing mentoring and support from your first year of studies
- Flexible full-time, part-time day and part-time evening study options
- Engaged faculty, academic success programs and a partnership with BARBRI bar exam preparation offer long term support that has guided out students to bar passage success. Our 2018 class has achieved 95.5% employment.
- The convertible JD option converts your first year of study to a full Master of Legal Studies Degree, generally with only one additional class, if after the first year you decide law school isn’t for you
CUTTING-EDGE OF LEGAL EDUCATION
The P. Kelly Tompkins Leadership and Law Program establishes CSU|LAW as one of the first law schools in the country to offer comprehensive leadership skills training to prepare lawyers to answer the call to leadership.
- Expanded opportunities for experiential learning, including externships, internships, clinics and “Pop-Up Practicums," short-term, practice-based experiences in timely legal areas that have included police reform, sustainable wind energy, bail reform, development of a criminal justice system app, and updating Ohio criminal rules.
- The most technologically advanced Trial Courtroom in Ohio, and a state-of-the-art Rawson Learning Commons
- Nationally recognized Center for Cybersecurity and Privacy Protection offers a multidisciplinary curriculum that integrates law, business and technology and is one of the only programs in the country that educates law students on the technical side of cybersecurity.
- CSU|LAW Tech comprises a growing list of initiatives and programming in legal technology, including the Center for Cybersecurity and Privacy Protection and Legal Tech Lab, a partnership with eDiscovery and Litigation Management provider TCDI that offers CSU|LAW students an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on work experience delivering innovative legal services to corporate and law firm clients under the supervision of TCDI’s legal experts.
- Global Space Law Center is the first research center in a U.S. law school dedicated exclusively to the law of outer space
- Center for Health Law and Policy offers multiple specializations developed to meet the needs of today’s employers and address increasingly complex health care issues
- The Center for Criminal Justice offers strong foundational courses to equip students to recognize injustices in the system and pursue reform, as well as connecting them to our extensive network of alumni criminal law practitioners and judges
- Solo Practice Incubator offers modern office space and support to help graduates launch solo firms
- Nationally award-winning Moot Court Team