We are accepting J.D. Applications until July 1, 2020 for the entering Class of 2020.
Apply at Law School Admission Council at www.lsac.org. Please call the LSAC Help Desk at 215-968-1393 in the event you encounter any technical difficulties using the online application service.
All applicants to CSU Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, full-time and part-time, are required to complete the following:
- Successfully complete a bachelor's degree from a college or university that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Department of Education prior to the start of law school classes.
- Complete, certify, and submit an electronic application for admission.
- Provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation. Letters must be submitted through the LSAC Letter of Recommendation Service.
- Provide an original personal statement that is your own work and represents your best writing. The statement should be a minimum of two typed pages in length and identify, among other things, what influences in your life have led you to seek admission to law school, and to CSU Cleveland-Marshall College of Law specifically.
- Disclose and submit a statement of all relevant facts pertaining to any and all probations, suspensions, warnings, sanctions, and dismissals by any college or university for academic or non-academic reasons; criminal charges pending against you; convictions or granted deferred adjudications or diversions for any offense, felony or misdemeanor, including traffic offenses but excluding minor moving violations and parking tickets. Failure to provide truthful answers may result in revocation of admission, disciplinary action and/or dismissal by the law school, and/or denial of permission to practice law by the state in which you seek admission.
- Take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). When more than one score is reported, CSU Cleveland-Marshall will consider the highest score.
- Register for the LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS). This service will be the clearinghouse for your LSAT score(s), academic transcripts, and letters of recommendation. CSU Cleveland-Marshall College of Law will request your law school report from the Law School Admission Council once your application is received.
- If English is not your native language and you have not received a degree from either a university in the United States or a university where English is the official language of the country and the language of instruction, then results from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are required. You can receive information about the TOEFL from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website at www.ets.org and you can receive information about the IELTS from the website at www.ielts.org. Either a TOEFL score of greater than 100 on the internet-based test or an IELTS score of greater than 7 is normally required for admission.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Completed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
New students will be admitted to begin their legal studies in the Fall semester only.
Completed applications should be submitted electronically. Supporting documents must be submitted as electronic attachments to the application.
Questions? Please contact our Office of Admission.
Phone: 216.687.2304 or 866.687.2304 (toll free)