PS&R Injury Scholarship
The law firm of Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC is pleased to offer the PS&R Injury Scholarship. This scholarship is available to individuals who are attending or plan to attend a regionally-accredited community college, college, or university in the United States.
- One $500 scholarship will be awarded
- Scholarship applications are due no later than May 31st, 2016
- Scholarship winner will be announced by July 8th, 2016
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must attend or plan to attend a regionally-accredited community college, college, or university in the United States in fall, 2016.
- Must submit a 500-word minimum essay response to the following:
At Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC, many of our clients must overcome injuries they received in an accident. Write about a time in which you have faced adversity, and how you drew upon your inner strength to rise above.
- Please submit your essay, transcript, name, address, phone number, and email address to the following email:
- Please direct all questions to:
- Scholarship applications are due May 31, 2016.
The 2016 Laubacher Law Firm Domestic Violence Scholarship
Laubacher Law Firm is back with its 3rd annual Domestic Violence Scholarship! This scholarship was created for students who have been impacted by domestic violence at some point in their life and is furthering their educational career in college.
The $1000 scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who submits the required application by July 31st, 2016.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is currently attending an accredited university, or entering college in the fall of 2016. Graduate and law school students are encouraged to apply.
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA in either high school or undergraduate transcripts.
Applicants must submit the following by July 31, 2016:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- One-page typed essay on how domestic violence affected you.
- An official copy of high school and / or undergrad college transcripts for all schools attended.
Please mail application materials to:
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- The Domestic Violence Scholarship is to be used exclusively for higher education tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s education institution to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Domestic Violence Scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or around August 10, 2015.
The H&M Law Firm Scholarship
The H&M Law Firm is a premier Los Angeles criminal defense law firm. The H&M Law Firm firmly believes that they owe the next generation of scholars – the same opportunity they had. Many of thier attorneys were able to go to college, and eventually law school – only thanks to the financial aid provided to them. Whether it was the good will of friends and family members, state financial aid, or merit/alumni donations from their university – it’s the only reason each of the H&M Law Firm's attorneys were able to get to where they are today. Their team of attorneys has created a renewable, and annual, scholarship in light of this.
$4000 – annual scholarship
- This scholarship is an annual scholarship.
- Applicants must apply by no later than 8/15 — of each year. It will be awarded on 8/25
- This scholarship can be used for any type of educational expenses.
- Winners of the scholarship can also intern at our law offices(if they wish) during their winter, or summer vacations.
- Applicants must have a GPA of no less than 3.1
- Applicants must send an unofficial transcript
- Applicants must submit a 500 words essay, about what it means to give back to society, and how they intend on accomplishing this
There is no application fee.
Applicants can send the essay, and their unofficial transcript, to
Maro Burunsuzyan Schoolbook Scholarship
The Law Offices of Maro Burunsuzyan, PLC will be awarding a $500 scholarship to an undergraduate for the purpose of purchasing educational textbooks for the 2016-2017 school year. Ms. Burunsuzyan is honored to help college students with this scholarship, and is proud to help students achieve their educational goals.
Purchasing textbooks can often be a burden for low-income and economically disadvantaged students. It’s a matter that holds significant weight for Ms. Burunsuzyan, as she remembers needing to take a loan from a friend to purchase her necessary textbooks while working to pay her way through college.
The scholarship will be awarded based on need and financial hardship. Applicants must submit a short, 300-word essay on why they have a need for the scholarship. Include the following:
- Your Name
- Contact information (Email address and phone number)
- College, University or School
Please submit your application by July 31, 2016 to. Please include "Scholarship Application" in the Subject line. Ms. Burunsuzyan will review all applications and select a winner, to be announced Aug. 15, 2016. The winner will be notified in person, and announced on the firm’s website and Facebook page.
Chief Justice Samuel J. Roberts Scholarship
The purpose of the Chief Justice Samuel J. Roberts Scholarship Fund is to provide financial assistance to law school students from Erie County, Pennsylvania, enrolled in accredited Law Schools.
Who is Eligible?
Residents of Erie County, Pennsylvania who will be entering their FIRST year at an ABA accredited law school are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Assuming the availability of funds, and provided that the student maintains a satisfactory academic record, the scholarship may be renewed for the student's second and third years.
Applications will be accepted during April and May of each year. You may fill out the on-line application or request an application from the Erie County Law Foundation, 302 West Ninth Street, Erie, Pennsylvania 16502, (814) 459-3111. You must also print and complete an Authorization and Release Form. Announcements of the availability of the scholarship are made annually.
Applications and Authorization and Release forms must be completed and returned to the Erie County Law Foundation by May 31 of each year.
For renewal of scholarships the same application procedures will apply. Determination of renewal will be based on law school academic records and funding, with the Scholarship Committee deciding whether the student’s academic progress is satisfactory.
The Scholarship Committee
The Scholarship Committee will review all applications, making its decisions based on established criteria, focusing primarily on financial need, academic achievement and the applicant’s career statement. The Scholarship Committee is composed of Erie County Law Foundation Trustees as well as members-at-large.
Sicherman Excellence in Bankruptcy Award
LawTrek is a national law firm, formed on the principle of providing the best possible service to our clients. It is their belief, that with success – comes the responsibility of helping the next generation. It is to serve this purpose and belief – that they are now awarding 2 – annual scholarships. They are renewable.
This scholarship is awarded annually on 6/20/2016
The 2-scholarships are for $2500 each – and will be awarded, on a renewable basis, to 2 students
There is no application fee
In order to apply, we request you email us at
Requirements for applying are the following:
- Sending an unofficial transcript
- Having a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Write an essay about how you’ll use the proceeds from this scholarship.
It can be used for virtually any education related expenses the student asks for. We will not be verifying how it was used.
Law Preview Scholarships Sponsored By The National Diversity Scholarship Fund
Top law firms and companies understand that their lawyers must be diverse in order to best serve their clients. That is why many top 100 law firms and Fortune 500 have invested heavily to improve diversity among practicing attorneys and the legal community in general. These organizations understand that improving diversity in the legal profession requires more than just hiring and promoting diverse attorneys within their firms. It also requires a sustained commitment to increase the pipeline of diverse students who earn strong grades in law school and are, therefore, positioned to compete for the most sought-after jobs and become the profession's next generation of leaders and decision-makers.
Law Preview (the nation's largest law school prep course) has teamed up with Lexis Nexis, one of the world’s leading online research providers, to provide Law Preview Scholarships to select members of our entering class. Lexis Nexis has generously agreed to help entering students prepare for the unique challenges they will face during their 1L year at Cleveland-Marshall by paying the cost of tuition for a law school prep course. Visit the following URL to see if you meet the scholarship criteria: http://lawpreview.barbri.com/scholarships/.
Law Preview Scholarships for Cleveland-Marshall Students
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law is pleased to annouse a summer academic preparation opportunity for incoming Cleveland-Marshall students sponsored by Lexis Nexis. Lexis Nexis generously agreed to sponsor members of our entering class to attend a law school prep course this summer. To learn more about this scholarship opportunity and see if you qualify, visit the following URL: http://lawpreview.barbri.com/scholarships/.
Cleveland-Marshall students who do not qualify for the scholarship are entitled to a $100 discount. Enrollment in a Law Preview class is completely optional. However, we wanted you to be aware of this opportunity because some students have asked about summer preparation programs prior to starting law school. Students who have enrolled in this particular program in the past have found it helpful with their transition to law school. (See here).
Please note the application deadline is May 15, 2016. The sponsor’s scholarship selection committee will inform you of the outcome on or before June 1, 2016. If you have any questions about scholarship opportunity, please email.
We look forward to having you as a part of the Cleveland-Marshall community.
Empowering Women in Law Scholarship
The Pearce Law Firm is pleased to announce our 2017 scholarship award for women studying law. Our annual scholarship of $1500 will be awarded at the beginning of the fall semester (2017).
- This scholarship is judged & awarded primarily on academic achievement, school & community activities, and demonstrated leadership abilities. However, financial need will also be given some consideration.
- The scholarship must be submitted, in full, by May 31, 2017.
- LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- The applicant must be a current female law student.
- Applicant will have successfully completed at least one semester of law school but will not yet have graduated by fall semester of 2017.
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- A transcript must be attached for application to be considered.
- An unopened copy of transcripts, sent from the applicant’s most recent law school will be required from finalists before award is presented.
- This scholarship is a one-time award worth $1,500.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
King, Koligian & Associates, LLC-Perseverance Scholarship
At King, Koligian & Associates, LLC is offering a $2,500 scholarship to help one Ohio student go to college, law school, or other institute of higher education. King, Koligian & Associates, LLC knows that students work very hard to make this opportunity a reality, and they want to help. Going to college is a life-changing experience. It can open a lot of doors, and King, Koligian & Associates, LLC wants to help one student in Ohio to achieve this.
So, what do you have to do?
To apply for this scholarship, we are asking you to answer the following prompt: Tell us about a time when you received help through a tough situation, possibly a family matter like a divorce. Who helped you? Tell us about a time when you stuck up for someone else. What was the outcome?
If you are a high school senior in the state of Ohio or college student enrolled in a two to five year institution in Ohio in 2016, apply today for the $2,500 King, Koligian & Associates, LLC Perseverance Scholarship. A minimum GPA is not required. Read the Instructions and Terms and Conditions for more eligibility information.
To apply, create a short (30–120 second) video and essay telling us about one of the following things:
- A time when you received help through a tough time, possibly a divorce in the family or other difficult family matter. Who helped you? What was the outcome? What did you learn from this experience that you will take into the future?
- A time when you stuck up for someone else. How did you help him or her? What was the outcome? What did you learn from this experience that you will take into the future?
Upload your video to YouTube. Fill out the application, and include a link to your video on YouTube.
Applications for the $2,500 scholarship are due April 30, 2016.
Ready to get started? Please read our scholarship Instructions, Terms, and Conditions before proceeding.
Biunno Scholarship Program
The Essex County Bar Association (ECBA) and its Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, in conjunction with the Hon. Vincent J. Biunno Memorial Fund, is pleased to announce the continuation of the Biunno Scholarship Program for the 2016-2017 school year. The scholarships are designed to offer financial assistance to persons with disabilities who are currently attending law school. For purposes of this scholarship, a disability is limited to a permanent physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of the individual having such an impairment.
The applications for the Biunno Scholarship will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the ECBA's Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which will make recommendations of potential recipients to members of the Biunno family. The Biunno family funds this scholarship and will make the final decision. The Biunno family may, in its discretion, elect to make several small awards, rather than one large award.
Persons wishing to apply for the scholarship should know that apart from the requirement that they demonstrate a permanent disability consistent with the criterion outlined above a variety of other factors, including financial need, law school achievement and commitment to the practice of law will enter into the decision-making process. Candidates should also bear in mind, however, that the scholarship funds will not be disbursed directly to a recipient but must be directed to a third party provider of goods or services.
- Recipient must demonstrate a present and permanent physical or mental disability that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of the individual. Medical documentation establishing the nature and extent of the disability will be required.
- Recipient must be a resident of New Jersey. There will be a preference given to Essex County residents. Recipient must be attending law school or be accepted to and commencing studies in law school.
- Recipient must have attained a 3.0 or equivalent GPA in law school, or if they are an incoming student, a 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
- A preference will be given to a person seeking to pursue a career in the field of advocacy for persons with dis- abilities. Intent may be demonstrated by completing a course in disability law, work in a disability or disability- related clinic or prior job experience in an advocacy field or with a public interest organization.
- A preference will be given to students who can demonstrate financial need.
No scholarship awards will be given directly to students. The funds must be directed to a third party such as the law school for tuition or to a company providing equipment for the disabled student.
Completed applications must be submitted with all requested documentation no later than May 9, 2016.
Download the application here.
Award decisions will be made by the Biunno family working in conjunction with the ECBA's Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
PLEASE DO NOT STAPLE ANY DOCUMENTS TO APPLICATION. All documents should be attached with a paper clip.
PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
- Most recent law school transcript. (If you are a first year student, please provide first semester grades.)
- Standing in your law school class.
- Completed Graduate and Professional School Financial and Service form. This may be obtained from your school financial aid office.
- Law school aptitude test score and final college cumulative average.
- Invoices or any other documentation you can provide that describes what you will use the scholarship funds for, if it is other than tuition.
- Medical documentation establishing the nature and extent of your disability. This may be in the form of a letter, medical records, or other similar evidence.
Law Offices of Frederick L. Sosinsky: Annual $800 Scholarship
At the Law Offices of Frederick L. Sosinsky, we understand and support the importance of education. It can be an uphill battle going to school, especially if you don’t have the proper financial aid in place. In order to help make it just a little bit easier, we’re proud to be offering a higher education scholarship — one $800.00 scholarship.
In order to apply, write a 500+ word essay on why higher an education is important. Give us examples of how you’ve persevered through life’s obstacles in order to get an education. Tell us about what you have learned from these challenges, and how they will help prepare you for the challenges you face as a student in a higher education environment? Give examples, and defend your answer.
This scholarship can be used for any school related expenses, such as tuition and books.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Participants must be enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.A.
- Participants must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (equivalent)
- Submissions must be received by 6/15/2016
Please send your information and submission via email to:
There is no application form. All we ask is you send in your essay and contact information to
The winner of this scholarship will be listed on our Facebook page.
In your submission please include the following:
-First+last name, email address + phone number
-Transcript of your GPA, unofficial transcript are accepted
-School you are currently attended
National Tax Law Scholarship
Brown, PC is now accepting applications for the firm's National Tax Law Scholarship, a $500 stipend which will be awarded to a second or third year U.S. law student with a demonstrated interest in tax law. The award will be paid directly to the student, and can be used for any expenses related to legal education, including but not limited to tuition, room, board, books, bar review courses, or commuting expenses.
Candidates should submit a cover letter summarizing their interest in tax law to. Cover letters should also include the following information:
· Email Address
· Street, City, State & Zip Code
· Phone Number
· University Name & City, State
· Student ID
· GPA (minimum 3.0)
· Expected Graduation Date
Candidates are encouraged to submit, along with their letter, any documents demonstrating their interest in tax law. Documents might include a transcript or class schedule showing tax law courses completed or currently enrolled in, a letter of recommendation from a tax law professor or a letter from someone who supervised the applicant in a tax-related job or internship.
The deadline for submissions is May 31st, 2016 and the award will be announced on June 30th, 2016.
Please feel free to direct questions to.
National Business Law Scholarship
Brown, PC is now accepting applications for the firm's National Business Law Scholarship, a $500 stipend which will be awarded to a second or third year U.S. law student with a demonstrated interest in business law. The award will be paid directly to the student, and can be used for any expenses related to legal education, including but not limited to tuition, room, board, books, bar review courses, or commuting expenses.
Candidates should submit a cover letter summarizing their interest in business law to. Cover letters should also include the following information:
- Email Address
- Street, City, State & Zip Code
- Phone Number
- University Name & City, State
- Student ID
- GPA (minimum 3.0)
- Expected Graduation Date
Candidates are encouraged to submit, along with their letter, any documents demonstrating their interest in business law. Documents might include a transcript or class schedule showing business law courses completed or currently enrolled in, a letter of recommendation from a business law professor or a letter from someone who supervised the applicant in a business law-related job or internship.
The deadline for submissions is May 31st, 2016 and the award will be announced on June 30th, 2016.
Please feel free to direct questions to.
Biancheria & Maliver P.C. Law School Scholarship for Single Parents
At Biancheria & Maliver P.C., we understand what a rewarding and fulfilling career a law degree can provide, especially for a single parent and their family. We also understand the financial strain that comes along with years of higher education. In order to help single parents working toward a degree in law, the medical malpractice attorneys at Biancheria & Maliver P.C. are offering one $1,500 scholarship to a short essay contest participant. Our goal is to help single parents pursue their goals and relieve some of the financial burden of higher education.
To apply, please include your professional resume, work history, education institution, and current/most recent GPA, along with a brief essay of 200 words or less about what you plan to do with your law degree. This can include where you plan to practice, what type of law, small or large firm, your inspiration for choosing to practice law, etc.
We will grant one applicant a $1500 scholarship to be used on tuition, books, or other school related expenses.
- Enrolled in an accredited law school in the U.S.
- Must be a single parent
- Must include resume, work history, education institution, and GPA
- Please send to
- Your essay submission in a Word document
- Contact information including: first and last name, email address and phone number at the top of each page
All submissions must be received by 12am on June 1, 2016. Once we receive all submissions, we will choose a winner and contact them directly by July 1st, 2016.
Patrick Malone & Associates' “Representing Real People” scholarship
Patrick Malone & Associates is offering two scholarships of $5,000 each to law students committed to a career representing individuals. We call this our “Representing Real People” scholarship. Our goal is to make a dent in the high cost of law school for students who want to represent individuals, to make it a little easier to choose such a career path.
What legal career paths qualify? Here are examples:
- Family law
- Employment law representing employees (not employers)
- Landlord-tenant law representing tenants
- Personal injury law representing injured individuals and families
- Elder law
- Immigration law representing individuals
- Disability rights
- Estates and trusts, and any probate matters representing individuals
- Public interest law focused on individual rights
One of our two scholarships is designated for students attending law school in or near the District of Columbia, our law firm’s home base. The other can be used at any law school in the United States.
- Recipient must be accepted at an accredited U.S. law school and plan to attend in the fall of the year of application.
- Recipient must intend to pursue a legal career representing individuals, especially those of limited financial means.
- Interested applicants should download an application form here and fill it out completely.
- Submit completed form by July 1 to PM&A at the address shown on the form, along with:
- Personal essay
- Proof of acceptance to or current attendance at a U.S. accredited law school.
- Official transcript for all completed terms in law school up to date of application.
- Official complete transcript for all undergraduate college attendance.
Deadline and more details:
- Deadline for completed application and all supporting material is July 1 of the year for which the application is made.
- Notification of the scholarship award decision will be made on or around August 1.
- Scholarship will be paid to the award recipient’s law school to cover tuition and other fees.
- Patrick Malone & Associates reserves the right to withhold awarding a scholarship in any year in which we do not receive sufficient high quality applications.
The Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship
The Law Offices of Goodwin & Scieszka are pleased to support the future lawyers of America with the launch of the first ever Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship, awarded to three high-achieving, bright students intending to pursue a career in law.
With a grand prize of $1,000 and two runners-up receiving $500 each, the Innovation Scholarship will be accepting applications from current students attending either an accredited law school or an accredited university in the United States. Applicants will be judged on their academic merits as well as the content of the application essay they provide.
Please choose one of the following prompts provided for your essay. Essays must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- In your opinion, what law is most out of date and should be rectified or repealed?
- What future do you foresee for legal marketing with the inclusion of social media?
- Applicant must be either a current law student at an accredited law school within the U.S. or at an accredited undergraduate university planning to attend law school.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcript.
How to Apply
To apply for the 2016 Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship, please fill out the online application.
Or download our application form and mail a hard copy to our office.
Deadline – June 1st, 2016
American Accident Awareness Attorney (AAAA) Scholarship by Naqvi Injury Law
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
All applicants hoping to be awarded the $2,000 scholarship award must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed application no later than May 30, 2016. Applications submitted after that date will not be considered.
- Be currently enrolled in post-high school institution or graduate school in the United States.
- Submit an original 500+ word essay on how Driving and Texting has affected your life or an experience of how it has impacted someone you know.
Essays should be written in English and typed in 12-point, legible font. All submissions should be a minimum of 500 words, but can be as long as is necessary to fully explain the experience. The winning applicant’s essay will appear on our firm’s blog. All information submitted for the purpose of obtaining a scholarship should be accurate, ethical, honest and unique. The selection of a candidate will take into account the quality of writing, as well as the applicant’s ability to follow the instructions set forth herein.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications can be filled out and submitted online. In addition to the application and essay, applicants will need to submit a copy of a school transcript or other documentation evidencing current enrollment in a post-high school institution or graduate school in the United States. All applications must be filled out and completed by May 30, 2016. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
The winner of the $2,000 AAAA Scholarship will be announced, and scholarship funds distributed, in June 2016. Before the scholarship is awarded, proof of acceptance into a higher education institution is required.
If you have questions about how to apply or the application requirements, contact the Naqvi Law Firm today at (702) 728-4848 or send us an email with your questions. We look forward to receiving your application.
Apply online here by May 30, 2016.
AIAG Marketing Scholarship
The American Injury Attorney Group, a national legal marketing company based in Little Rock, Arkansas, is offering a scholarship worth $1250 to one deserving student.
Applicants of the AIAG Marketing Scholarship should submit a marketing strategy or idea that personal injury attorneys could utilize to attract potential clients. Applicants should include all media (print, graphic, video, etc.) to be used to facilitate the message, as well as the channels or centers of influence through which the strategy would be utilized.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
All applicants hoping to be awarded the $1,250 scholarship award must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed application no later than April 30, 2016. Applications submitted after that date will not be considered.
- Be currently enrolled in post-high school institution or graduate school in the United States.
- Submit an original 500+ word essay detailing a unique and creative marketing strategy for personal injury lawyers.
All essays should include an analysis of current trends in personal injury marketing across all media and explain how the proposed strategy is an improvement on, or complement to, those trends.
Essays should be written in English and typed in 12-point, legible font. All submissions should be a minimum of 500 words, but can be as long as is necessary to fully explain marketing proposal. The winning applicant’s essay will appear on our firm’s blog.
All information submitted for the purpose of obtaining a scholarship should be accurate, ethical, honest and unique. Applicants are encouraged to reference Rule 7 of the American Bar Association’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct for guidelines on the communication of information about legal services.
The selection of a candidate will take into account the quality of writing, as well as the applicant’s ability to follow the instructions set forth herein.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications can be filled out and submitted online. In addition to the application and essay, applicants will need to submit a copy of a school transcript or other documentation evidencing current enrollment in a post-high school institution or graduate school in the United States.
The winner of the $1,250 AIAG Law Marketing Scholarship will be announced, and scholarship funds distributed, in June 2016. Before the scholarship is awarded, proof of acceptance into a higher education institution is required.
If you have questions about how to apply or the application requirements, contact the American Injury Attorney Group today at (888) 783-8182 or send us an email with your questions. We look forward to receiving your application.
Apply online by using this link.
All applications must be filled out and completed by April 30, 2016. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
The Reeves Law Group Scholarship
We would like you to tell your story in a brief narrative, starting with an introduction about who you are, your interests, and anything else you feel we should know about you. Then, please provide your entry in a 750-1000 words essay, or a Prezi presentation. Graphic or creative presentations are welcome.
The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who best demonstrates a genuine desire and goal of using the legal system to fix problems or improve conditions in our society. Worthy deeds that you have already performed will be considered.
Scholarship Dates and Submission
When: We are now accepting submissions.
Where: Please send your story to
Deadline:The deadline for submitting essays is December 15, 2016.
You may send us your entry either as a link or attachment to your email. Include your name, mobile phone number and contact information in the email.
To be eligible for our scholarship contest, you must be: a legal US resident, and either a current (1) law student at an accredited U.S. law school, or (2) an undergraduate student who has applied or will apply to law school. Students with full academic scholarships are not eligible to enter this contest.
Proof of enrollment must be provided. We will accept digital scans of the following as a valid proof of enrollment via email attachment with your application:
- Unofficial transcript (Applicant must submit by mail an un-opened copy of official transcripts if elected as a finalist).
- Letter from Admissions confirming deposit on school letterhead
- Official enrollment verification form
- Acceptance letter on school letterhead
Additionally, you must:
- Verify you have read and understand the Reeves Law Group Law School Scholarship requirements
- Submit a readable copy of your entry (only one entry per law student is allowed).
- Submit a clear headshot no smaller than 300 pixels (width) of yourself. The image file must be in the following format .PNG or .JPG.
Your application must be emailed no later than the December 15, 2016 deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The winner will be notified by phone, email and/or U.S. mail after the judging has been completed.
The $3,000 award will be paid to the winner by January 15, 2017. Students must provide proof of enrollment prior to disbursement of the award.
Use of Award Monies
The award winner understands and represents that the scholarship monies will be sent directly to the winner’s school and shall be used only for education-related purposes, such as tuition, books, etc.
Submissions: All content and creative work become the property of The Reeves Law Group upon submission and may be reposted or displayed online or through any media channels, in whole or part, without notification. When you send email communications to The Reeves Law Group, its agents and/or representatives may retain those communications.
By submitting an application, the applicant grants The Reeves Law Group, its agents and/or representatives permission to post the applicant’s name, school or university, applicant’s photo, and the winning entry in the firm’s website http://www.robertreeveslaw.com (The Reeves Law Group), and in other marketing platforms, including but not limited to blog, social media accounts, and related sites. The winning applicant also agrees to assist The Reeves Law Group and its agents with any tasks that the law firm deems reasonable or necessary to help with the above and other promotional activities.
THE SAMUEL KRUGLIAK LEGAL SCHOLARSHIP
In 2003 the Samuel Krugliak Legal Scholarship was established to honor the firm’s founder, Sam Krugliak who passed away in April of that year. During his lifetime, Mr. Krugliak played active roles in the legal community serving as the past president of the Stark County Bar Association and former chairman of the Board of Commissioners of the Ohio Supreme Court. Giving back to the community and civic involvement continues to be an inherent aspect of the firm’s culture today. The Samuel Krugliak Legal Scholarship is awarded to law students on an annual basis.
Consideration will be given to applicants who
1) are currently enrolled at a law school accredited by the American Bar Association;
2) have shown an active commitment to their community;
3) display strong academic achievement;
4) reside or have formerly resided in Stark, Wayne, Carroll, Holmes, Summit, Tuscarawas, Columbiana, or Mahoning Counties (the "Stark County Region") when not attending law school, and
5) desire to pursue the practice of law in the "Stark County Region."
Apply online here or applications can be downloaded from the Firm’s website at www.kwgd.com. Qualified candidates may submit an application online through the Firm’s website or by email to , SUBJECT: Legal Scholarship or by mail to the attention of Legal Scholarship/BJY.