This page lists resources available from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Library, as well as selected resources on the Ohio Supreme Court Office of Bar Admissions web site and commercial web sites. See also the C|M|Law Library's Study Aids Guide for subject specific help .
The Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Bar Admissions - Bar Examination web page includes sample Ohio Bar Examination Essay Questions from 1997 to present. Answers and MPT questions are also included starting with February 2011.
A booklet of "Bar Exam Questions and Selected Answers" may be purchased by sending $10 to: Office of Bar Admissions, Supreme Court of Ohio, 65 South Front Street, 5th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Indicate whether you want the February or July exam questions and answers.
The current list of subjects tested in the Ohio Bar Examination Essay Questions appears in the Supreme Court Rules for the Government of the Bar of Ohio, Rule 1: Admission to the Practice of Law, Section 5. Ohio Bar Examination (A)(3)(b).
C|M|Law Library Resources:
- Ohio Bar Examination: Essay Questions and Selected Answers. Reserve KFO76 .Z9 O553 [1992, 1994-2016, July 2018, February 2019] Contains the essay questions given on the designated exam along with actual applicant answers. If the Multistate Performance Test (MPT) was part of the examination, the publication will include two MPT questions and sample applicant answers. See also the binder which arranges Essay Questions by topic - Reserve KFO76 .Z9 O456 [February 1997 - February 2006]
- Outline of Subjects Tested on Essay Portion of Ohio Bar Examination. KFO76 .Z9 O8546 [1997, 1999, 2002; November 2002 also on Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Bar Admissions - Bar Examination web page.] Outlines the subjects tested on the essay portion of the Ohio Bar Examination in order "to provide a guide to the bar examiners in drafting essay questions for the exam." Note: The "Outline of Subjects Tested on Essay Portion of Ohio Bar Examination" is no longer published - for the current list of subjects tested, see Supreme Court Rules for the Government of the Bar of Ohio, Rule 1: Admission to the Practice of Law, Section 5. Ohio Bar Examination (A)(3)(b).
- The Bar Exam in a Nutshell. Room A066 & Reference Study Aids KF303 .D37 2016
- Pass the Bar Exam: A Practical Guide to Achieving Academic & Professional Goals. Room A066 & Reference Study Aids KF303 .B45 2013
- The 7 Steps to Bar Exam Success: The Strategy Guide for Passing Your Bar Exam with Greater Confidence, in Less Time, and with Less Stress than the Rest. Room A066 KF303 .S255 2013
- Compilation of Bar Examination Questions and Answers. Room A066 KF388 .N5 [1993-2013] Each biannual issue contains essay questions from three or more selected state bar exams, and may include official answers.
- Bar Exam Mind: A Strategy Guide for an Anxiety-Free Bar Exam. Ohio Room KF303 .R32 2011
- The Essential Rules for Bar Exam Success. Room A066 KF303 .F75 2008
- If I Don't Pass the Bar I'll Die: 73 Ways to Keep Stress and Worry from Affecting Your Performance on the Bar Exam. Room A066 KF303 .L37 2008
- Pass the Bar. Room A066 KF303 .R54 2006 Student Favorite!
- The Bar Examiner. K2 .A74 National Conference of Bar Examiners quarterly magazine on bar admission issues.
Don't forget the CALI Library of Lessons! They include lessons on each of the general subject areas addressed by the Essay portion of the bar exam.
- Strategies & Tactics for the MBE: Multistate Bar Exam. Room A066 KF303 .W345 2013 Shows how to analyze questions, then outlines strategies and tactics for each subject. Includes 200-question practice exam, with answers and explanations.
- Strategies & Tactics for the MBE 2: Multistate Bar Exam. Room A066 KF303 .W3451 2013 Over 390 MBE-format multiple-choice questions and detailed answers explaining correct and incorrect choices.
- MBE: Beginning Your Campaign to Pass the Bar Exam. Room A066 KF303 .E45 2011 Offers approaches to organizing the law for efficient studying, illustrates "broad lens" and "narrow lens" concepts of reading questions, and describes how to answer questions based on fact patterns.
Steve Emanuel's Bootcamp for the MBE:
- Emanuel Confidential: For Your Last Few Hours before the MBE. Room A066 KF303 .E42 2010
- Emanuel's Essentials (2 volumes). Room A066 KF303.E43 2010 Questions and explanations with outline references, organized by sub-topic to allow focus on your bar exam weaknesses, so you can increase your knowledge for exam day.
- MBE Self Assessment Test. Room A066 KF303.M34 2010
- Simulated MBE. Room A066 KF303 .S56 2010 [Only volumes 2 & 3 - AM Session & PM Session]
See also separate volumes in Room A066 for Constitutional Law (KF303 .C66 2010), Contracts (KF303 .C67 2010), Criminal Law and Procedure (KF303 .C75 2010), Evidence (KF303 .E953 2010), Real Property (KF303 .R43 2010), and Torts (KF303 .T67 2010).
- Strategies & Tactics for the Finz Multistate Method. Room A066 KF303 .F56 2010 Over 1,100 multiple-choice, MBE-style questions and answers, as well as strategies and tactics for tackling the MBE.
- Emanuel MBE Refresher Course 2009-2010. Room A066 KF303 .E43 2009 Includes a practice test, 7 subject volumes, 7 DVD lectures, 6 outlines, and a review booklet.
- Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) Review. [Rigos Bar Review Series] Room A066 & Reference Study Aids KF303 .R54 [2008-2009 & 2010]
- Multistate Workbook: PMBR Multistate Specialist. Room A066 & Reference Study Aids KF303 .M88 [1994, 1999 & 2006 in various formats.] Hours of audio lectures on Constitutional Law, Contracts, Property, Torts, Criminal Law, and Evidence, as well as CDs and flash cards.
- The MPT, Multistate Performance Test. Room A066 KF 303 .M82 [1998-2001] Reprints of MPT Exams administered in states that use the MPT. Includes point sheets that "describe the factual and legal points encompassed in the lawyering task, and outlines issues and points that may be addressed by examinee." Note: point sheets are NOT official grading guides.
- Multistate Performance Test (MPT) Review. [Rigos Bar Review Series ] Room A066 & Reference Study Aids KF303. M855 [2008-2009 & 2009-2010] Seven simulated exam questions, categorized by topic, with full sample answers. Includes chapters devoted to each popular MPT-format question. Identifies common pitfalls and traps.
- Multistate Essay Exam (MEE) Review. Reference Study Aids KF303 .M8584 2014 Sample essay questions and answers organized by twelve subject areas: Business Associations; Conflict of Laws; Family Law; Trusts, Wills & Estates; UCC Article 9 - Secured Transactions; ABA Professional Responsibility Rules; Torts; Real Property & Future Interests; Evidence; Constitutional Law; Criminal Law & Practice; and Federal Civil Procedure. Also includes an overview of the MEE, its questions, and grading process, as well as a preparation program essay writing strategis, and acronyms/mnemonics.
- Uniform Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE) review. [Rigos Bar Review Series] Room A066 & Reference Study Aids KF306 .M85 [2010-2011] Outlines, sample questions, and acronyms for memorization. Includes CD-Rom containing question maps and drills.
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE) Review. [Rigos Bar Review Series] Room A066 KF306 .M85 [2008-2009 & 2009-2010]
- Professional Responsibility: Barbri bar review. Room A066 KF306.Z9 W93 2009 Includes mini-review, practice exam and model answers.
- MPRE Review Lecture Outline & Released MPRE Questions with Answer Key. [Supreme Bar Review] Room A066 KF303 .M67 2004 Includes comprehensive lecture outline, lecture handout, released MPRE questions, and explanatory answer key to released questions, as well as a 3 hour and 50 minute DVD. The lecturer is C|M|Law Professor Stephen Lazarus. See also Supreme Bar Review's Free MPRE Prep online lecture (also featuring Professor Lazarus).
BEC 9/16; LER 10/19