The primary mission of the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Library is to serve the students, faculty, and staff of the Law School and the Cleveland State University community. The Law Library pledges to provide an atmosphere conducive to study, reading, and the legitimate use of library materials and services.
Currently, only CSU affiliates may swipe into the law library during hours of operation. C|M|LAW alumni may use the collection for legal research by appointment only.
The Law Library reserves the right to ask library users to provide identification, and upon request library users are expected to comply with this request. Persons who act in a manner inconsistent with library rules and expected conduct may be asked to leave the library and violators may also be subject to action by appropriate enforcement authority.
The following rules apply to all that enter the Law Library. We ask that you notify a Law Library staff member if you perceive that there has been a violation of these rules.
1. Individuals may not extensively use library facilities without demonstrating engagement in research or study. Loitering is prohibited.
2. As per Cleveland State University policy, March 7, 2022 update, masks are recommended, but not required, in the library. Food and beverages are now permitted in the Law Library.
3. Conversations are permitted in designated collaboration zones. Quiet zones are reserved for study; please refrain from loud conversations in these areas.
4. Please refrain from cellphone conversations in designated quiet zones.
5. The wearing of shoes is required in the Law Library.
6. The Law Library is not responsible for lost or stolen personal articles. Belongings should not be left unattended.
7. For their own safety, very young children should not be left unattended in the law library. Parents, guardians, and/or the accompanying adult will be held responsible for their behavior.
8. Blocking access, making disruptive noises, using abusive or foul language, threatening or harassing others, or otherwise causing a dangerous or disruptive situation is prohibited in the Law Library.
9. Library equipment may not be unplugged to accommodate non-library equipment.
10. Study rooms are provided for the sole use of Cleveland-Marshall law students, faculty, and staff only. Prior online registration for study room use is required.
11. The Law Library computer lab is for the sole use of Cleveland-Marshall law students, faculty, and staff.
12. Only service animals are permitted in the Law Library.
13. In accordance with Cleveland State University’s tobacco-free policy, tobacco use in any form is not permitted in the Law Library. The use of e-cigarettes is likewise prohibited.
14. All patrons must abide by posted hours. No patrons are permitted in the building before opening or after the posted closing.
15. No soliciting.
No person will be denied opportunity for employment or education or be subjected to discrimination in any project, program, or activity because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, or veteran’s status.
updated March21, 2022 bf