The Law Library offers Research Certificate Seminars for C|M|LAW students. Presented by our team of research librarians, the Seminars discuss resources critical to successful legal practice and scholarly writing, as well as focus on research skills law firms and courts are seeking when hiring associates and clerks. Hands-on research exercises are often included in the Seminars.
C|M|LAW students do not need to register in order to take a Seminar - simply come to the Seminar(s) you want to attend. Attendance is taken at each Seminar, to be sure students are credited points as they earn them.
Attendees of hour-long Seminars earn 25 points, and attendees of 30-minute Seminars earn 12.5 points, toward a Law Library Research Certificate. Your points are good for the entire time you are a C|M|Law student, but you cannot earn points for attending the same Seminar twice. Certificates are awarded to C|M|LAW students with 100 Seminar points, and you can earn multiple Certificates.
* Special Prize * If a student earns a Certificate within the 2015-2016 academic year, he/she will be entered into a drawing for a $150 Amazon gift card (to be awarded at the end of the academic year).
Note: Unless otherwise indicated, all of the Fall 2015 Seminars are on Wednesdays in Law Library Room A059.
Fall 2015 Semester Research Certificate Seminars:
- September 9th, 5pm-5:30pm - Starting Ohio Legal Research with Ohio Jurisprudence & Practice Materials
- September 16th, 5pm-5:30pm - Finding Ohio Sources in Bloomberg, Lexis Advance & WestlawNext
- September 23rd, 5pm-5:30pm - Finding Ohio Cases & Statutes in Bloomberg, Lexis Advance & WestlawNext
- Thursday, October 1st, 4:50pm-5:50pm - Scholarly Writing & Research Management with Zotero
- October 7th, 4:50pm-5:50pm - Bluebooking
- October 14th, 5pm-5:30pm - Research Strategies for Efficiency & Organization
- October 21st, 4:50pm-5:50pm - Terms & Connectors Searching
- October 28th, 5pm-5:30pm - Citation Research in Bloomberg, Lexis Advance & WestlawNext
- November 4th, 4:50pm-5:50pm - Administrative Law Research
For additional information on the Law Library Research Certificate Seminars, contact Laura Ray, Outreach & Instructional Services Librarian, at 216-687-6880 or email@example.com.