Law Library Legal Research Seminars are for C|M|LAW students, including our MLS and LL.M. students.
Law Library Legal Research Seminars are available online via the Westlaw TWEN platform. You earn points for completing an online Seminar by correctly answering 3/4 of the questions on that Seminar’s quiz. Your Seminar points are good for the entire time you are here at C|M|LAW. When you earn 100 points, you are awarded a Law Library Legal Research Letter of Recognition and a Digital Badge, which you can post to your LinkedIn page. You can earn multiple Letters and Digital Badges.
Online (via TWEN) Law Library Legal Research Seminars
* Semianrs address cost-effective research or social justice research issues.
- The Bluebook: Citing to Basic Sources (18:01 mins; 25 points)
- * Starting Research with Secondary Sources * (20:07 mins; 12.5 points)
- * Terms & Connectors Searching * (14:37 mins; 12.5 points)
- * Cost-Effective Searching on Lexis Advance and Westlaw * (15:04 mins; 12.5 points)
- Lexis Overview (27:08 mins; 12.5 points)
- Shepard's (11:01 mins; 12.5 points)
- Westlaw Overview (27:03 mins; 12.5 points)
- KeyCite (9:05 mins; 12.5 points)
- Practical Law by Westlaw (13:56 mins; 12.5 points)
- Bloomberg Law Overview (25:39 mins; 12.5 points)
- Administrative Law (22:44 mins; 25 points)
- * Cost Effective Federal Legislative History: Congress.gov & Govinfo.gov * (15:52 mins; 12.5 points)
- Researching Foreign Law (11:19 mins; 12.5 points)
- Tax Law Research (19:29 mins; 12.5 points)
- Health Law & Bioethics Resources and Scholarly Writing (33:45 mins; 25 points)
- HeinOnline (16:49 mins.; 12.5 points)
- Scholar Catalog (14:23 mins; 12.5 points)
Don't miss it! During the Spring semester, there will be one live 60-minute Seminar (TBA):
Getting Ready to Clerk – An informal discussion with guest alumni speakers on the firm/work environment - how research projects are assigned, typical research projects, expected work product, networking, and more. [25 points]
For more information on the Law Library Legal Research Seminars, contact Laura Ray, Outreach & Instructional Services Librarian, at 216-687-6880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.