In Room A066, the Law Library offers a large collection of professional and study skills materials available for check out. Study materials include Hornbooks, Nutshells, Understanding Series, Examples & Explanation Series, DVDs, as well as legal writing, research and advocacy materials. The collection also includes resources on the law school environment, bar exam materials, and career-oriented materials. Room A066 is located on the Atrium Level of the library, one floor below the Information Services desk. See Library Maps.
- How to Brief a Case (CALI tutorial)
- Learning Legal Analysis through its Components: Issue, Rule, Analysis, Conclusion - IRAC (CALI tutorial)
- Preparing for your First Semester of Law School (CALI podcast)
- CALI - Proof you Took a CALI Lesson
- LawSchool.Westlaw.com > Law School Life - See "Getting Ready" section, which includes Advice on Class Preparation and Briefing Cases
- The Law School Approach (or, "How to Live with and Learn to Love the Socratic Method") from the American University Washington College of Law.
- Law Library materials - Look in Room A066 (Atrium level) around the call number KF283. A few suggested titles:
- Law School Success in a Nutshell: A Guide to Studying Law and Taking Law School Exams, 2nd ed KF283 .B871 2008
- Succeeding in Law School KF283 .R36 2006
- Reading Like a Lawyer: Time-Saving Strategies for Reading Law Like an Expert KF283 .M398 2005
- How to Succeed in Law School [sound recording] KF283 .D95 2004
- CALI Library of Lessons
- Courtroom View Network - Has MP3s of cases from your casebook, as well as fact summaries and rules of law for each case.
- Study Aids Guide
- Casebriefs - Free case briefs online, grouped according to case book. Has links to the cases on Bloomberg Law.
- Classic LexisNexis > Case in Brief - Compilations of information on selected cases. Each brief includes litigation stages, background on parties, legal points, and topical survey of major holdings and cases related to the issues.
Exam Preparation Guide - Study aids, sample exams, and Law Library amenities during exam periods.
SA 7/27/11; links checked LER 6/13