We are an iconic, 122-year-old student-centered law school committed to both excellence and opportunity, social justice and producing lawyers who are also leaders.
In the most recent U.S. News & World Report Law School Rankings (2021), C|M|LAW climbed 24 points in the rankings - the second largest ranking increase of any law school in the nation and the largest increase of Ohio’s nine law schools. C|M|LAW was ranked the top part-time law school in Ohio, with a national ranking in this category of 43.
Additionally, we were nationally ranked in 11 specialty areas:
- Clinical training
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Environmental Law
- Health care Law
- Intellectual property Law
- International Law
- Legal writing
- Tax Law
We created one of the first solo practice incubators in the country and the first Master of Legal Studies (MLS) Degree in Northeast Ohio. The Groundbreaking P. Kelly Tompkins Leadership in Law program is one of he first in the nation to provide core leadership training to law students.
A robust, engaged learning curriculum connects students to real world legal work complementing rigorous academics. Innovative “pop-up practicums” offer students short-term, hands-on opportunities to work on legal issues important to them. Through our Pro Bono program our CSU C|M|LAW students clock 11,000 hours of volunteer work each year, and gain lawyering skills while assisting people in need through our Clinics.
CSU C|M|LAW offers education in growing industries through its Center for Cybersecurity and Privacy Protection, Center for Health Law and Policy, Criminal Justice Center, Global Space Law Center, IP and First Amendment and numerous areas of expertise.
CSU Cleveland-Marshall graduates have a history that is strong in social justice, leading at the forefront of major social movements including women’s suffrage and civil rights. Committed to diversity, we were the first law school in Ohio to admit women and one of the first to admit African Americans. Today, our students learn to recognize injustice hands-on work for reform through our Criminal Justice Center, multiple opportunities to help clients in our clinics, and through the school's commitment to fight for racial and social justice.
We are a located in the heart of downtown Cleveland – a city rising in popularity among young professionals for its exciting entertainment, lifestyle, and cultural and business opportunities. Cleveland boasts one of the largest legal markets in the country, along with thriving sports and entertainment industries, and leading health care organizations with international prominence.
WHY Choose C|M|LAW?
- Affordable tuition and cost of living
- Non-Ohio residents pay in-state tuition
- Scholarships guaranteed each year by maintaining good academic standing
- Strategic Bar Passage program including a parnership with Bar Preparation provider BARBRI
- One of the strongest and most engaged alumni networks of any law school provides immeasurable support from your first year of law school throughout your career
- Student-centered attention from faculty and academic success programs help you become successful from the day you enter law school
- Comprehensive leadership training
- Technologically advanced trial courtroom, legal technology lab, and state-of-the-art learning commons
- Flexible full-time, part-time day and part-time evening study options
- The convertible J.D. option converts your first year of study to a full Master of Legal Studies Degree, generally with only one additional class, if after the first year you decide law school isn’t for you