The CSU Cleveland-Marshall College of Law chapter of the Black Law Students Association is a chapter member of the National Black Law Students Association (NBLSA) www.nblsa.org . NBLSA was founded in 1968 at New York University Law School. Today, NBLSA is the largest student run organization in the United States with over 6,000 members across 200 chapters in 6 different countries.
Cleveland-Marshall BLSA joins in NBLSA as an organization formed to articulate and promote the needs and goals of Black law students and effectuate change in the legal community.
- to promote and assist in the attainment of the academic needs and goals of racially and ethnically diverse law students;
- to articulate and promote the professional needs and goals of racially and ethnically diverse law students;
- to foster and encourage professional competence;
Davona A. Mason, President
Bianca N.C. Smith, Vice President
Chuka Anyafo, Treasurer
Erykah Gandy, Corresponding Secretary
Jasmine E. Arambula, Recording Secretary
J Thompson, Historian
Latosha R. Tate, Parliamentarian
Donate Toys and Toiletries at this link now through March 25, 2021.
- 3/25/21 at 6:30pm "The 2L Class Search" General Body Meeting. Zoom link
- 4/16/21 at 7pm Virtual BLSA Scholarship Banquet at 7pm REGISTER | DONATE
- 3/11/21 at 5pm Alumni Happy Hour, featuring Brittany Chung, Associate Attorney at Thompson Hine and Jeff Carr, Judicial Law Clerk at U.S. District Courts.
- 3/14/21 Executive Board Election Info Session (detailed information will be posted to the BLSA Instagram Page)
- 3/18/21 at 5pm Alumni Happy Hour, featuring, Ciera Colon, Associate Attorney at Jones Day and President of Norman S. Minor Bar Association, and Brandon E. Brown, Associate Attorney at Calfee. Zoom link
- 2/24/21 REAL Talk w/ Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association "Get In The Way" View Here
- 3/4/21 Alumni Happy Hour, featuring Ciara Miller, Assistant General Counsel, Department of the Navy, Office of the General Counsel.
Membership and Dues
Interested in joining C|M|LAW BLSA? Join and pay dues here
High School Scholarship Application