An esteemed collection of academic and legal experts will discuss the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), including the policy’s origins, its current status, where DACA goes from here from a legal and political perspective and the practical implications for immigrants under DACA.
- Moderator: Milena Sterio, Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Academic Enrichment
- Nolan Stevens, Director of Legal Services, Nueva Luz Urban Resource Center
- Philip Eichorn, Hammond Law Group LLC, Immigration Practitioner
- Joseph Mead, Assistant Professor, Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs and Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Deirdre Mageean, Professor, Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs
- Boyd Yarbrough, Vice President of Student Affairs, Cleveland State University
- Harlan Smith, Director, Center for International Services and Programs, Cleveland State University
- Moatasem Al Bitar, CSU Master of Global Interactions '16 and CSU Bachelor of Science '13
Lisa Scott, Scott Global Migration Law Group, an experienced immigration law practitioner, will be available during and after the panel discussion to answer DACA-related questions. C|M|LAW Clinic representatives will also be available to provide additional resources.
Category: Academics Dates, General, Public Lectures, Student