Want to Practice in State Appellate Courts? You Cannot Miss This Event!
Cleveland-Marshall College of law is hosting an exciting full-day (9:00-3:00) Ohio Appellate Practice CLE seminar.
The Chief Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court, Court of Appeals Judges and Staff Attorneys, top practitioners, and leading academics will present their views on how to best represent clients in Ohio Appellate Courts.
This program has been approved for 6.0 hrs CLE credit (including 1.0 hour of ethics), as well as 6.0 specialty hours towards OSBA Appellate Law Certification.
Topics & Speakers:
Final Appealable Orders and Jurisdiction
- Judge Patricia Ann Blackmon, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
- Mary Pat Horwitz, Administrative Counsel, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
- Andrew Rodak, Staff Attorney, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
- David Parchem, Staff Attorney, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
App.R. 26 – “All the Way Around”
- Judge Mary Jane Boyle and Judge Patricia Ann Blackmon, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
Advanced Brief Writing and Oral Arguments
- Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor, Supreme Court of Ohio
Making the Record and Preserving Claims for Appellate Review
- Susan Audey, Tucker Ellis LLP, Partner, certified appellate specialist by Ohio State Bar Association and serves on the Appellate Law Specialty Board
Exclusion of Evidence and Ethical Pitfalls
- Professor Jonathan Witmer-Rich, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Professor Brian Ray, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
CLE credit: 6 hours
Category: CLE Programs, Faculty, General, Public Lectures