Cleveland-Marshall’s mission: Learn Law. Live Justice. is more than just coursework, papers, exams ...it's a principle of …. making lives better. Law school can be an overwhelming process, but the purpose is for the aid of other people...the people who need our help navigating within a complex law-filled world.... that's why we signed-up for this journey...to let others know justice matters. -Sharon Kay Bäden ’19
Every day we educate and train the future custodians of our democracy. It’s a sacred trust that we take very seriously.
It was our graduates who laid the foundation for the Cleveland legal profession and who led the fight for civil rights in Northeast Ohio. The story of Cleveland-Marshall is an iconic story of justice, equality, and opportunity.
Our mission never has been more vital; our need for support never has been more important.
In just 10 days…. we will have a special opportunity to celebrate our iconic past and invest in our exciting future.
If you were considering making a year-end donation to Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University later this year, I respectfully ask that you contribute now.
Our annual Hall of Fame event, just 10 days away, is the only annual fundraising event sponsored by the law school.
The October 25, 2019 Hall of Fame Celebration gives us the opportunity not only to honor our distinguished inductees, but also to raise funds for student scholarships.
It is our single best opportunity to raise funds for much-needed student scholarships.
Scholarships enable us to be the "brain-gain" law school – the most reliable legal talent pipeline for Cleveland and Northeast Ohio, where most of our graduates live, work, and thrive.
Our Hall of Fame is an outgrowth of our covenant with our students, faculty, staff, graduates, and community to hold true to our commitments and traditions, dedicated to diversity, opportunity, excellence, and civic responsibility.
We have a long, proud history dating back to 1897. Cleveland-Marshall College of Law was the first law school in Ohio to admit women and one of the first in the nation to admit minorities. But we don’t rest on our laurels.
We are a law school on the rise….
- Thanks to individual donor scholarship support such as yours, we welcomed our largest first-year class in eight years- a 44% growth in enrollment since 2016.
- Our enrollment growth occurred at the same time law school applications in the Midwest decreased and our academic standards of admission increased.
- We had a 93% Bar passage rate for July 2018 – the highest pass rate of all 9 law schools in Ohio.
- Our Class of 2018 achieved a 95.5% employment rate, the highest employment rate for C|M|LAW since the great recession hit in 2007.
- We were ranked nationally by U.S. News in eight specialty areas: clinical training, environmental law, health care law, intellectual property, international law, legal writing, taxation, and trial advocacy.
· We were named a “Top Law School for Health Law and Business Law” by PreLaw Magazine.
· We were named a “Best Value Law School” by PreLaw Magazine
· Our cutting-edge Centers for Cybersecurity & Privacy Protection and Global Space Law have received international attention.
- We established the new P. Kelly Tompkins Leadership and Law Program that provides programming and courses for our students to be citizen lawyer-leaders.
But our biggest challenge is financial…….
Tuition is our most reliable revenue source, and in this intensely competitive law school environment, the best way to attract high quality law students and increase enrollment is through scholarships.
So I am asking that you help now by contributing to (and attending if you can) our 3rd Annual C|M|LAW Hall of Fame Celebration honoring our 2019 C|M|LAW Hall of Fame Honorees on Friday, October 25, 2019, 5:30-8pm.
Please consider a contribution of any amount - $25, $50, or $75. Believe in C|M|LAW. Please Give Now.
If you would like to attend the Hall of Fame event, tickets start at $120. 2019 Hall of Fame Tickets See below for the different levels of support of the Hall of Fame Celebration.
Our graduates are everywhere – in the public, private, nonprofit, and academic sectors – many at the highest levels.
Many law schools can make you a great lawyer, but at C|M|LAW we also strive to make you a great leader. Our mission is to graduate students who are not only successful professionals, but also leaders, change makers, and advocates of justice…and maybe someday, a legend in our Hall of Fame.
Thanks very much for your consideration of my request. Your support now for scholarships would mean a lot to us!
If you have any questions about the Hall of Fame, please do not hesitate to contact me, Amy Miller (email@example.com or 216-687-2537) or Ashley Presutto (firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-687-2286).
Please see the invitation below.
Dean Lee Fisher and the faculty and staff of Cleveland-Marshall College of Law are pleased to invite you to attend the
2019 C|M|LAW Hall of Fame Induction Celebration.
The C|M|LAW Hall of Fame was established in 2017 to honor the outstanding contributions to the success and prestige of our law school by distinguished alumni, faculty, staff, friends and community leaders.
Friday, October 25, 2019
5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Business casual, hors d'oeuvre reception
Program begins at 6:15 p.m.
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (Atrium Level)
1801 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115
Complimentary valet parking available
This week’s Monday Moment: Cleveland-Marshall College of Law 2018 Hall of Fame Video
Have a great day. Have a great week.
For copies of past messages, please go to this link: Monday Morning Messages.
My views in all my Monday Morning Messages are my personal views alone and do not reflect the views of our law school or our university.