Each January I choose 12 quotes, one for each month of the year, to serve as my guideposts for the coming year. Last year’s quotes can be found here: January 9, 2017 MMM
So here’s some wisdom to live by in 2018.
- “Power is like being a lady, if you have to say you are, you aren’t.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Rudeness is the weak man’s imitation of strength.” – Eric Hoffer
- “Don’t mistake politeness for lack of strength.” – Justice Sonya Sotomayor
- “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”– Albert Einstein
- “A liar begins with making falsehood appear like truth, and ends with making truth itself appear like falsehood.” -William Shenstone
- “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” – Mark Twain
- “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
- “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something.” – Plato
- “None are so empty as those who are full of themselves.” – Benjamin Wichcote
- “If your only tool is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail.” – Abraham Maslow
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me. – Martin Niemolle
Happy New Year – may 2018 be a year of standing up and speaking out.
For copies of past messages, please go to this link: Monday Morning Messages.