Each year, I choose 12 quotes, one for each month of the year, to serve as my guideposts for the coming year. So here’s some wisdom to live by in 2017.
· “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.” -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
· "I haven't ever changed who I am. I've just gotten more accepting of it. Being happy isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you have." -Carrie Fisher
· “It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.” -Muhammad Ali
· “The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” -Elie Wiesel
· “I’m past patiently waitin,’ I’m passionately smashin’ every expectation, every action’s an act of creation!” -Hamilton, “My Shot”
· “You are the only person alive who has sole custody of your life.” -Anna Quindlan
· “Life is what happens when you’re making other plans.” -John Lennon
· “Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth." -Mark Twain
· “Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.” -George Bernard Shaw
· “The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast. The slow one now, will later be fast. As the present now, will later be past, the order is rapidly fadin.’ And the first one now will later be last, for the times they are a-changin.’” -Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin’”
· “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us….You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.” –Marianne Williamson
· “No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it.” -George Carlin
May 2017 be a year of embracing change, advancing justice, and not playing small.
For copies of past messages, please go to this link: Monday Morning Messages.