“I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” -Albert Einstein
We are a law school without walls.
Every week throughout the academic year, we facilitate free expression and foster a culture where our students learn not only in the classroom but also through engagement and respectful discourse and dialogue with experts and thought leaders throughout the world about the issues that shape our future.
I want to highlight some upcoming major events during this fall semester that you don’t want to miss! All events listed below are at our law school except the September 27-28 CSU Project 400 Conference at the Wolstein Center, and the October 2 event with C|M|LAW Professor Chris Sagers at the Cleveland City Club.
- September 24, 5pm- NYU Professor Rachel Barkow, "Prisoners of Politics: Breaking the Cycle of Mass Incarceration" – Criminal Justice Forum CLE
- September 25, 6pm- Cleveland Launch of the Institute For the Future Practice of Law with Professor Bill Henderson
- September 27, 8am-4:45pm; September 28, 8am-12pm- Wolstein Center - Project 400 Conference - Dr. Henry Louis Gates
- October 2, 12 Noon, Cleveland City Club- C|M|LAW Professor Chris Sagers, "Apple, Antitrust, and Irony: What Americans Really Think About Competition"
- October 4, 8:30am-5pm- Election Integrity in a Time of Political Polarization, CLE
- October 10, 3-6pm-Norman Minor Bar Association Greater Cleveland Law Expo
- October 17, 5pm - U.S. District Court Judge Jed Rakoff, "The Power of Prosecutors", Criminal Justice Forum CLE
- October 18, 1pm-4pm -Kent State Shootings- The Day the War Came Home and its Legal Aftermath, Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association CLE
- October 22, 4:30pm-7:30pm - 400 Years After: The Continuing Impact of Slavery, CLE
- October 25, 5:30-8pm- 3rd Annual C|M|LAW Hall of Fame Celebration honoring our 2019 C|M|LAW Hall of Fame Honorees
- November 12, 6pm-Current Issues in LGBTQ Non-Discrimination Law
- November 22, 1-4pm- The Warren Commission Report on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association CLE
- December 7, 9am-12:15pm- First Suburbs Consortium, Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association CLE
For a complete listing of all events, below are some links to our remarkable array of dialogues, forums, seminars, symposia, and conferences.
The October 25 Hall of Fame event gives us the opportunity not only to honor our distinguished inductees, but also to raise much-needed funds for scholarships for our students. The Hall of Fame celebration is the only annual fundraising event sponsored by the law school. It is our single best opportunity to raise funds for much-needed student scholarships.
Have a great day. Have a great week.
For copies of past messages, please go to this link: Monday Morning Messages.
My views in all my Monday Morning Messages are my personal views alone and do not reflect the views of our law school or our university.