Students in the Civil Litigation Clinic have recorded more impressive work this semester. Highlights include:
- Daniel Baron (3L) and Caitlin Monter (3L), representing defendant in a housing-project monetary dispute, filed a Summary Judgment Motion with the Cleveland Municipal Court. Following the submission the plaintiff withdrew its complaint.
- Latisha Riggins (3LE PT) Mike Fortney (3L), James Gibson (2L), and Orlando Leon (3L) successfully represented clients in Administrative Unemployment Hearings, obtaining them previously-denied unemployment benefits.
- Amy Polomsky (3L) and Kate Southworth (3L) helped draft an Amicus Brief to the United States Supreme Court on behalf of the National Association of Social Workers.
- Kate Southworth also delivered oral argument before a three-judge panel of the Eighth District Court of Appeals. She won praise from the Court for her exceptional advocacy.
- Samantha Salamon (2L) and Keith Oliver (4LE PT) assisted in writing a brief to the Board of Immigration Appeals in Washington, D.C.
- Theodore Czaplicki (3L) and James Gibson (2L) also drafted briefs filed with the Eighth District Court of Appeals in Cleveland in two unemployment compensation cases.
Clinical Professors Kenneth Kowalski and Doron Kalir supervised the work.