Below is a list of items that should be completed before Orientation. Each is essential for your success in law school, and we will be using them in your Law Library and IT Orientation session. Please complete the following items in the order they are listed. When working on these items, if you are prompted for a username and password, unless otherwise indicated, use your C|M|LAW username and password.
If you have difficulties completing any of these items, come to the Orientation Jump Start session on Tuesday, August 16, 2016, anytime 2pm- 6pm.
- Differences between CSU CampusNet Account and C|M|LAW Account
- Change C|M|LAW Password
- Register on CALI
- Create a Scholar/OhioLINK PIN
- Computer Lab Information
- CSU Wireless Network Information
- Email Information
- Law Library Contacts & Services
- C|M|LAW Students' Library Guide & Patron Code of Conduct
As a C|M|LAW student, you will receive TWO sets of login credentials, one from CSU CampusNet and one from C|M|LAW. The logins for both accounts use your CSU ID number (a 7-digit number) as the username. However, the passwords for the two accounts are not synchronized, and you will need to set each of them separately.
CSU (CampusNet) Credential Use
- CSU website and CampusNet
- Email (…@csuohio.edu)
- Wireless Network log on for the entire campus, including the Law School (more info )
- To Set/Reset password, go to https://campusnet.csuohio.edu  or call (216) 687-5050 
C|M|LAW Credential Use
- Law Library computer lab
- C|M|LAW web site (restricted pages for C|M|LAW faculty and students)
- To Set/Reset password, go to https://www.law.csuohio.edu/changepassword  or call (216) 523-7555 
If you wish to change your CSU CampusNet password, go to CampusNet . The instructions below will allow you to change your C|M|LAW account password. The C|M|LAW account applies to C|M|LAW web pages and Law Library computer lab access.
- Go to "Change C|M|LAW Password"  page.
- You will be asked to login. Enter the username and the temporary password you received on your orientation letter. Click "Login".
- At the "Change C|M|LAW Password page, enter your new password twice and click "Change Password". Your new password must meet the following requirements:
- minimum 8 characters long
- contain a CAPITAL LETTER
- contain a lowercase letter
- contain a number
- You will be logged out once you successfully changed your password. You may now login with your new password.
CALI  provides interactive, self-paced, electronic tutorial lessons on many legal subjects and a variety of law school topics, such as property and civil procedure. CALI lessons can teach you skills useful for law school, such as how to prepare for class, as well as basic lawyering skills, such as legal research and writing. C|M|LAW faculty sometimes assign CALI Lessons as homework or in-class exercises.
For instructions (and to view a video) on registering on CALI, click here . [You will be prompted to enter your C|M|LAW username and password to connect to the CALI registration instruction page.]
Note: You can also connect to CALI from the Law Library home page .
Scholar  is the campus-wide online catalog for the CSU libraries. CSU also participates in a state consortium of libraries called OhioLINK . If CSU libraries don’t have an item you want, you can search for, and request, it in the OhioLINK catalog .
Note: You can also connect to Scholar and OhioLINK from the Law Library home page .
A Scholar/OhioLINK PIN will enable you to manage checked-out materials, requests for materials, and more. To create a Scholar/OhioLINK PIN, follow the instructions below.
- Connect to Scholar 
- Click on MY ACCOUNT within the top black navigation bar.
- At the My Account page, type in your first and last name and CSU ID#, then click the Submit button.
- The system will note you did not enter a PIN, and prompt you to do so or to create one. Follow the instructions and prompts to create your PIN.
For additional information on Scholar, OhioLINK, Law Library loan periods, and renewing materials see the following pages:
Catalogs & Collections 
Circulation Policies 
Scholar: Help with Searching 
Be sure your student account is active – go into the Law Library Computer Lab and use your C|M|LAW username and password to log on to your Account. If you cannot log on, consult the C|M|LAW IT staff .
Review key information on Computer Lab procedures, available word processing software, your H: drive space, Lab printing, and much more here .
Review information on the CSU Wireless Network here .
For information on how to configure your laptop according to CSU's specifications go here , and see the "Wireless Setup" section.
If you have any difficulties configuring your laptop, consult the C|M|LAW IT staff .
Review information on your CSU Email Account here .
To configure your mobile devices to receive your email, go here .
For assistance with borrowing materials from CSU libraries or via OhioLINK, as well as InterLibrary Loan, Reserve materials, Course Reserve materials, study rooms, and the Law Library Student Lounge, contact the Access Services staff  in person at the Information Services Desk , via telephone at 216-687-2250 , or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Research Services 
For assistance with research and personalized research consultations, as well as information on Law Library Research Certificate Seminars, contact the Research Services staff  in person in the Research Services office , via telephone at 216-687-6877 , or via email at: email@example.com .
Help Desk: 216-523-7555 
Technology Help Request Form 
Note: There is a TECH HELP form link within the bottom black navigation bar of every C|M|LAW and Law Library Web page. Before displaying the form, the system will prompt you for your C|M|LAW username and password.
The C|M|LAW Students' Library Guide  includes information on Law Library services, surviving your first year, studying and taking exams, research and writing, databases and passwords, and tech help.
See also the Law Library Patron Code of Conduct .
- Contest begins Monday, August 15, 2016
- Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
- One winner will be selected via a random drawing of all entries on Monday, August 29, 2016. The winner will be announced on the C|M|Law Library Blog 
Contest Instructions and Rules
- To be an eligible, you must be a C|M|LAW student and in your first semester of law school, or a new MLS or LLM student at C|M|LAW.
- Post a photo taken in the C|M|Law Library on our Facebook page and/or tag our Twitter account - a library scene, a selfie in the library, a book, or anything you can think of in the library.
- All entries must be received by 11:59pm Friday, August 26, 2015.
- NOTE: If your social media handle is not your first and last name, send an email to Brian Cassidy (firstname.lastname@example.org ) saying that you entered the contest - include your social media handle in the email.
- Maximum of two entries per student.
- Questions? Contact Brian Cassidy via email (email@example.com ) or phone (216-523-7364).
Revised 7/29/2016 BEC; 7/28/16 LER