The Law Library offers Research Certificate Seminars. These Seminars are for C|M|LAW students, including our MLS and LLM students. Presented by our team of research librarians, the Seminars discuss resources critical to successful legal practice and scholarly writing, as well as focus on research skills law firms and courts are seeking when hiring associates and clerks. Hands-on research exercises are often included in the Seminars.
Key Points about the Law Library Fall 2016 Research Certificate Seminars:
- You do not need to register to take a Seminar - simply come to the Seminar(s) you want to attend. Attendance is taken at each Seminar, to be sure you are credited points as they earn them.
- You earn 25 points for attending a 60-minute Seminar, and 12.5 points for attending a 30-minute Seminar. Your points are good for the entire time you are a C|M|Law student, but you cannot earn points for attending the same Seminar twice.
- When you earn 100 points, you are awarded a Law Library Research Certificate, and you can earn multiple Certificates.
- * Special Prize * If you earn a Law Library Research Certificate within the 2016-2017 academic year, you will be entered into a drawing for a $150 Amazon gift card (to be awarded at the end of the academic year).
Fall 2016 Semester Research Certificate Seminars
All of the Fall 2016 Seminars are on Wednesdays in Law Library Room A059.
- September 14, 4:30pm-5pm - Starting Ohio Legal Research with Ohio Jurisprudence & Practice Materials
- September 21, 4:30pm-5pm - Finding Ohio Sources in Bloomberg Law, Lexis Advance & Westlaw
- September 28, 4:30pm-5pm - Finding Ohio Cases & Statutes in Bloomberg Law, Lexis Advance & Westlaw
- October 19, 4:50pm-5:50pm - Bluebooking
- October 26, 4:50pm-5:50pm - Terms & Connectors Searching
- November 2, 4:30pm-5pm - BCite (ie, Bloomberg Law's Citator)
- November 9, 4:30pm-5pm - Shepard's
- November 16, 4:30pm-5pm - KeyCite
For additional information on the Law Library Research Certificate Seminars, contact Laura Ray, Outreach & Instructional Services Librarian, at 216-687-6880 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
LER 2/16, 8/16