The C|M|LAW Trial Team will demonstrate a product-liability lawsuit during the seminar.
In this seminar, two distinguished judges and a distinguished civil attorney will offer detailed advice on the finer points of trial advocacy. Topics addressed will include the following:
- the best way to commence a trial argument?
- the most important considerations when choosing the "theme" of a case?
- the best approaches to handling objections?
- the best approaches to handling questions from the bench?
- goals a lawyer should be pursuing during the rebuttal phase of a closing argumenent?
- the best way to express a dissagreement with the judge?
- the best way to cross examine a witness who has recently lost a spouse or loved one?
Honorable Judge Brendan Sheehan, J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, has served since 2009 as a Judge in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.
Honorable Christopher Boyko, J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, is a Judge for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Steve Walters, J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, serves as the Managing Partner of Reminger Co., L.P.A.
A reception will follow the demonstration.