Advocacy could be your path if you...
- Enjoy working directly with the public and meeting people
- Are driven to work for social change and justice
- Never stop questioning what is right
- Are passionate about causes
- Are excited to take on a big case and win an appeal
- Believe in policy changes
Lawyers play prominent roles in many administrative agencies, courts, public policy organizations, and non-profits, not only as lawyers but also as legislative analysts, policy directors, advocacy specialists, and a variety of other important roles.
Follow the Cleveland-Marshall path to these rewarding careers:
Legislation and the Regulatory State • Regulatory Law •
• Local Government Law • Public Administration and the Political Process • Policy Development and Evaluation • Public Finance & Economics • Taxation: State and Local • Land Use Control • Introduction to Public Administration • Administrative Law • Advanced Legal Research
Suggested Engagement Experiences:
Community Advocacy Clinic • Law and Public Policy Clinic • Nueva Luz Resource Center • Eliza Jennings
Pro bono program • SPILO (Student Public Interest Law Association)
Watch how they did it:
Danielle Doza, '12
Staff Attorney at Nueva Luz Urban Resource Center
Read more... 
Anne McCafferty, '12
Staff Attorney at Cuyahoga County Probate Court
Read more...