Issues of Ethics and Professionalism in Employment Law, Including Class Action Practice
Additional information, as well as online registration, is available here:
Monthly meeting of the Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association Board of Trustees.
The Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association will provide a Seminar on the Commercial Docket, which has been reinstated by the Cuyahoga Court of Common Pleas, and is to resume in January 2018.
The program will include an overview of the history of the Commercial Docket and its return to Cuyahoga County, recent amendments to the Rules of Superintendence of the Court of Ohio governing Commercial Dockets, a practitioner’s perspective on litigating cases on the Commercial Docket, and a moderated panel discussion with Judges Maureen Clancy, Cassandra Collier-Williams, and Nancy A. Fuerst, who will preside over cases on the reinstated Commercial Docket when it resumes in January 2018.
Co-sponsored by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kenneth R. Callahan and Joseph H. Gutkoski
- Judge Maureen Clancy (invited)
- Judge Cassandra Collier-Williams (invited)
- Judge Nancy A. Fuerst (invited)
- $75 General Admission
- $65 CMLAA (Alumni Members)
- $35 Students
- $10 Solo Practice Incubator Tenants
Learn more and register today: https://www.classy.org/cleveland/events/cle-return-commercial-docket-to-cuyahoga-county/e154720
- Day-of registration also available ($10 additional charge applies)
- Registration @ 8:30 am
- CLE begins promptly at 9:00 am
2.0 Credit hours pending
CMLAA CLEs will be held in the Moot Courtroom of the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University,
1801 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115
Students are invited to a conversation with Brian Howe, an attorney with the Ohio Innocence Project, on Wednesday, November 1 at noon in LB 60.
In the U.S., more than 500 wrongful convictions have been overturned in just the past two decades alone. Hear about the work of the Ohio Innocence Project to free wrongfully convicted inmates.
Lunch will be provided.
Sponsored by the Black Law Students Association, Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association, Criminal Law Society and the National Lawyers Guild.
Reception celebrating recent CMLaw alumni who passed the July 2017 Ohio Bar Exam and are newly admitted attorneys. We welcome all of our newly admitted attorneys and their family and friends!
Please RSVP to Amy Miller, Director of Alumni and Donor Relations, at email@example.com or 216-687-2537.
Building on the experiences of the legal legends of Northeast Ohio, this special CMLAA CLE event features four interactive presentations from 12 C|M|LAW Hall of Fame members: Legends of Business, Legends from the Bar, Legends from the Bench, and Legends in Academics. Each presentation will draw distinctions of career moments and highlight the changes in the operation of law overtime and how the legal field has adapted.
Legends of Business
- Mark Smolik | General Counsel Chief Compliance Officer, DHL Supply Chain Americas
- Richard P. Stovsky | Vice Chairman, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- P. Kelly Tompkins | Chief Operating Officer & Executive Vice President, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Legends in Academics
- Sheryl King Benford | Chief Legal Officer, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Avery Friedman | Civil Rights Lawyer & Law Professor
- Stephen G. Sozio | Partner, Jones Day
Legends from the Bench
- Dan A. Polster | Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Melody Stewart | Judge, Ohio Court of Appeals, Eighth Appellate District
- Patricia A. Blackmon | Judge, Court of Appeals, Eighth Appellate District
Legends from the Bar
- José C. Feliciano | Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Karen Giffen | Attorney at Law, Giffen & Kaminski
- Kerin Lyn Kaminski | Attorney at Law, Giffen & Kaminski
Organized by Nicholas E. Froning, Attorney at Law
$160 Full Day Admission
$90 Half Day Admission (morning or afternoon)
$50 for non-attorneys
$25 for students
Admission includes a light breakfast and lunch.
This kick-off event for the CMLAA Mentor Program offers an opportunity for alumni mentors to meet their 1L mentees and begin their mentoring relationship.
Sponsored by the Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association Professional Opportunities Committee.
ethics: ohio professional conduct - video replay
Pre-registration Rate: $75 for general admission, $65 for CMLAA alumni members. Walk in registration $85 general admission, $75 CMLAA alumni members.