The Entertainment and Sports Law Association will be hosting their 7th Annual Symposium in the Moot Court room of Cleveland-Marshall College of Law on Friday, April 14, 2017. Registration will open at 9:30 a.m. and the event will run from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All attendees will be eligible for 4 CLEs. A light breakfast along with lunch will be provided to all in attendance. Tickets for this event are $10 in advance, and can be purchased through EventBrite, or $15 at the door during registration the morning of the event.
9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Registration
10:00 - 11:20 a.m. Legal Issues in Sports Law - the CBA and the Major Leagues and Concussion Litigation
- Peter Carfagna, Chairman/CEO of Magis, LLC.
- Vince Calo, NFL Agent and Expert
- Richard Volante, Attorney, Buckley King LPA
11:30 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. Event Management at Sports and Entertainment Facilities
- Laurie Kosanovich, General Counsel, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Kollin Chupa, Sales and Marketing Manager, The Covelli Centre
- James Convertino, Director, Professional Athletes & Entertainers Insurance Solutions
- James Levin, Founder, Cleveland Public Theatre
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Music Licensing and Streaming Rights Roundtable Discussion
- Neeta Ragoowansi, SVP, Business Development & Legal Affairs, National Performing Rights Exchange
- Steven W. Day, Partner, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP
- Sean Biddle, Owner, Bid Muzik