Peer Advisors are assigned to both day and evening students. First-year law students meet their Peer Advisors during Orientation, and as the year rolls along, Peer Advisors check-in with the law students regularly by phone, text, or email and face-to-face at least once a month. Each selected Peer Advisor is an upper-level law student who strives to assist new law students to have a fun, successful, and engaging law school career.
The primary goals of the Peer Advisor program are to:
Support first-year law students as they transition to law school;
- Help first-year law students navigate the law school and make the most of the many opportunities available at Cleveland-Marshall;
- Foster a sense of community and camaraderie throughout the first-year law student class.
Peer Advisors provide the following assistance to 1L law students:
- Help find the answers to questions in Cleveland-Marshall and Cleveland State University publications;
- Answer questions regarding course selection, degree requirements, academic support services and College procedures throughout the first year of law school;
- Provide information about opportunities and academic pursuits outside of the classroom.
*** Peer Advisors also answer questions from admitted students about the law school experience.