In reference to the LexisNexis Academic (LNA) database, attendees will be able to:
- describe LNA law-related content
- describe how to construct a Boolean or Connector search
- describe how to construct a segment search
- explain how to retrieve a case by citation
- explain how to search for cases, statutory code sections, regulations, and law review articles
- explain how to Shepardize a case (ie, find materials that cite a case)
Hands-on training, accompanied by lecture and PowerPoint presentation.
Detailed outline and PowerPoint slides to be provided to attendees.
Laura E. Ray, MA, MLS, is the Instructional Services Librarian at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University. She coordinates Law Library instructional programs, advises on collection issues for medical and health care materials, as well as provides classroom research instruction, reference service, and assistance with faculty instructional support. Laura has presented and moderated numerous workshops and lectures at national and regional library conferences since 1982, addressing a myriad of topics on legal research, legislative advocacy, educational design and learning styles, and the audiovisual enhancement of learning.