Special guest: Brian Frye, University of Kentucky School of Law
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law has appointed Robert Eckman, Chief Information Security Officer at MCPc, Inc., as a Technologist-in-Residence and Executive Director of the school’s Center for Cybersecurity and Privacy Protection.
Please join us for the annual C|M|Law Black Law Students Association Scholarship and Awards Banquet on Friday, April 13, 2018, at 5:30pm-10:30pm, at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Tickets can be purchased at:
The theme for this year is "Unity in purpose, Strength in numbers," which represents our commitment to work together as minority law students to achieve the best level of success for our community.
This year we will honor Sanford Watson, Partner at Tucker Ellis LLP. Mr. Watson's dedication to increasing diversity within the legal profession and contributions to our C|M|Law community exemplies what BLSA represents. Our keynote address will be delivered by Valissa Turner Howard, First Assistant Deputy Inspector General and Chief Diversity Officer in the Cuyahoga County Agency of Inspector General. Valissa is also President of the Norman S. Minor Bar Association. In addition, we are also honoring one of our outstanding alumnus, Theophilus Hudson, for his tremendous support of our local chapter.
Presented by C|M|LAW's Center for Health Law and Policy.
- April Cherry, Professor, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- David Forte, Professor, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Donna Harrison, Executive Director, American Association of Prolife Obstetricians and Gynecologist
- B. Jessie Hill, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and the Judge Ben C. Green Professor of Law, Case Western Reserve School of Law
- Samara Knox, Director of Counseling Services, Preterm
- Star Parker, Founder and President, Center for Urban Renewal and Education
- Mitchell Reider, Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Family Planning Association of Northeast Ohio, Inc.
Preregistration not required