This seminar will provide 6 hours of advanced CLEs on appellate practice that satisfy both the assigned counsel reimbursement qualifications of OAC 120-10-1 and the requirements for maintaining appellate certification.
Topics & Speakers:
Final Appealable Orders and Jurisdiction
- Judge Patricia Ann Blackmon, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
- Mary Pat Horwitz, Administrative Counsel, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
- Andrew Rodak, Staff Attorney, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
- David Parchem, Staff Attorney, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
App.R. 26 – “All the Way Around”
- Judge Mary Jane Boyle and Judge Patricia Ann Blackmon, Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
- Tina M. Wallace, former En Banc Attorney and Janice Schwartz, En Banc Attorney Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth District
Advanced Brief Writing and Oral Arguments
- Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor, Justice Terrence O’Donnell and Justice William M. O’Neill, Ohio Supreme Court
Making the Record and Preserving Claims for Appellate Review
- Susan Audey, Tucker Ellis LLP, Partner, certified appellate specialist by Ohio State Bar Association and serves on the Appellate Law Specialty Board
Exclusion of Evidence and Ethical Pitfalls
- Professor Jonathan Witmer-Rich, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Professor Brian Ray, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
Dean Lee Fisher presents his State of the Law School address.
The Cleveland-Marshall Allies and ACLU of Ohio present a program on Trans Rights.
Meeting of the CSU Board of Visitors.
Seniors in the Law and Leadership Institute will participate in a scrimmage in the Moot Court Room.