New Student Logistics | CSU College of Law Skip to main content
Extended block content

Student Resources

Records, Forms, and Academic Information.
Extended block content

CSU|LAW Faculty Blog

Stay up to date on the work and achievements of our faculty.
Extended block content

CSU|LAW Hall of Fame

Extended block content
Building Access and Research Services

Law Library Blog
Extended block content
Dean's Living Justice Living Leadership Podcast

Monday Morning Message
Extended block content
Support CSU|LAW

CSU|LAW Hall of Fame
Extended block content

Request Information

Get in touch about in-person and virtual events, sharing updates and announcements.
Extended block content
Extended block content

Join Us!

We are a community of leaders for justice.
Extended block content

Request Information

Get in touch about in-person and virtual events, sharing updates and announcements.
Extended block content

Academic Calendar

Extended block content

For Employers


Career Connect

New Student Logistics

Financial Aid & Campus 411

Cleveland State University has a marvelous All-in-1 Campus411 Center to answer all your Financial Aid questions. To contact them, call them at 216-687-5411, email allin1null@csuohio.nulledu, or stop in to speak with an expert personally in Berkman Hall 116, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland.

If you borrowed an amount in excess of tuition and all of the paperwork was completed in a timely manner, a refund check will be mailed to you in late August 2020 at the address in the University computer system (you can check and update your address on CampusNet—see below). Please be prepared to cover expenses like apartments, books, and parking permits prior to your refund check disbursement.

Cleveland State University ID

In order to acquire your CSU ID, take your class schedule, mailed to you in July, and driver’s license (or other picture ID) to the Viking Card Office, located in the Berkman Hall. The office is open daily 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Your student identification number is located on your Notice of Admission, sent to you upon admission, and included on your class schedule mailed in July.

You are encouraged to get your ID prior to orientation.  You will need your CSU ID to use the libraries (law and main library) and athletic facilities on campus, and to obtain a CSU parking permit.  You can also load money onto your card to use at food service locations throughout the campus and at a number of merchants near the University.  See for more information.



Cleveland State University’s interactive computer system gives you access to personal, account and academic information online.  You can update personal information (address and phone number, e.g.), pay bills, and, for future terms, register for your classes, view your transcript, etc., using CampusNet. Please make sure to update your new Cleveland address when you have one so you receive all relevant correspondence in a prompt manner.

To use CampusNet, you need to know your CSU ID number and set up a password by calling CSU’s Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Call Center at 216-687-5050. Your student identification number is located on your Notice of Admission, sent to you upon admission. Please visit their website for more information. For a basic help, please review the help sheet.


Parking Permit

You can register your vehicle and acquire your hangtag for on campus parking through CampusNet beginning August 1.  We encourage you to do this prior to orientation - Parking Services will mail you the hangtag and save you the trouble of going to their office. If you have any problems with purchasing your Hangtag through CampusNet, contact Parking Services at 216-687-2023. They will gladly walk you though the process. For further information on rates and to see a map of all parking on campus, go to

Vehicles can also be registered and hangtags obtained in the Parking Services Office in Euclid Commons, Mondays through Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Students must complete a registration form and present a CSU ID number, a picture ID (CSU ID card or driver’s license), and a copy of student’s course schedule to register a vehicle and obtain a hangtag. 



All law students will obtain a U-Pass that allows them to ride free of charge on all Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority buses and rapid trains during the Fall or Spring Semesters (a new pass is required for each term).  The fee for the pass is included in University fees.  Information on getting the U-Pass from the University Office of Treasury Services is available at U-Passes will be mailed to your address listed on CampusNet.

Bus and rapid information and schedules are available here.


Health Insurance

You can register for the insurance through CSU’s CampusNet; the Insurance tab is located in the personal section, next to the parking tab.

For more detailed information, visit Health & Wellness Services.



You can check the CSU Bookstore’s website for the materials, books and/or photocopied materials required for your courses.  Simply use the personalized class schedule sent to you in July.  In addition, you may log into your CampusNet account to view booklists.  Books for all law school courses are stocked at the CSU Bookstore, located in the Student Center. 


Term Calendar and Exam Schedule

It may seem early to be planning for Thanksgiving break or traveling for the holidays, but you should check the Academic Calendar for dates when classes are off during the term.

You should also check the Final Exam Schedule for the dates of your final exams for Fall Semester. 

You are expected to be here for your final exams (no exceptions allowed!) so do not plan a vacation or trip home until after your last scheduled exam.


Disability Accommodations

Any student with a physical or learning disability who wishes to request accommodations for class sessions and/or examinations must submit documentation of his or her disability and to request specific accommodations from  the Office of Disability Services.  If you have used an accommodation, of any kind, in your prior learning environments (whether high school, college, graduate school, etc.) we HIGHLY recommend you reach out to the Office of Disability Services to seek accommodations as early as possible.

Generally a request for accommodations must be submitted a minimum of four weeks before the date for which the accommodation is requested to allow for review and evaluation of the documentation and accommodations requested and for submission of additional documentation, if necessary.

The Cleveland State University Handbook for Students with Disabilities available online along with additional information on Disability Services.